Add a new Laravel site to Homestead
October 25th 2017
This is a step by step tutorial on how to add a new site to the Homestead box.
We are assuming that the site is called
games.app and it resides in the
Code/games directory (on Homestead).
If you are searching for a tutorial on how to install Homestead, we have that as well.
1. Open the Homestead config file
Location on Windows:
Location on Linux:
2. Update the config file with a new site mapping
sites: - map: games.app to: /home/vagrant/Code/games/public
3. Add a new database called
databases: - games
4. Link the new
games.app url to the Homestead box
- Start the Notepad with Administrative Rights
- Open the file located at
- Run in terminal:
sudo nano /etc/hosts
Append the following line at the end of the
5. Start, provision and SSH into Homestead
- Open the git-bash command line application (if you don't have it, install it)
- Use the terminal
Run the following command:
homestead up --provision && homestead ssh
6. Create a fresh laravel installation
cd Code laravel new basic-crud
Code directory is shared between Homestead and your OS.
On Windows it points to
On Linux: it points to